Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Parterre Gardening

I've attached a photo of part of the garden where plants for the shop are being nurtured in readiness for display (just to show I have been doing something, although the shop hasn't progressed any). While parterre gardens generally only exhibit perfectly symmetrical specimens, the petit parterre will include those that are downright wobbly, even odd, but all will be healthy, carefully tended and clipped.

We like the weathered look for terracotta pots so they are left outdoors until they have just the right degree of moss and mould on them. Some of the plants are in root-control bags at the moment, until a suitable pot is found for them. Flowers are in another part of the garden that will be ready for showing before too long.

I'd also like to welcome three new followers, thank you for coming by, Jonna, Catherine and Obsidian Hall (I can't find your site and cannot remember your real name, sorry).

Hope you enjoy the results of my mini greenthumb!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to know you haven't been idle ;)

    The third follower you are welcoming is one of my favourite mini bloggers, Annie at http://obsidian-hall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margret,
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope you got my message about how to get a translate widget from Google.
    I thought you might like to look at Braxton Payne's klin -fired clay pots.
    http://www.braxtonpayne.com/HomePages/HOME.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really nice, I especially love the tree and the bigger round ones :)

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments, Catherine I did get your message and others and finally have the translate tool on my site. I'm about to check out Braxton Payne's site, thanks for the tip.
    And thanks Norma for filling me in, couldn't find the site to check Annie's name.
    xxxx Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es una idea genial. Me gusta su parterre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you are doing this so you have real trees in the garden. Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...