Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Friday, July 9, 2010

All is Not as it Seems ...


On the surface everything seems normal in the topiary garden, but all is not as it seems. Something very strange has been happening, one of the plants seems to have morphed into a strange being, heard snoring softly early this morning.

I think it is harmless enough, I certainly hope so, don't want rumours to spread about the Petit Parterre having dangerous plants for sale.


This one was inspired by all the witchy and creepy themes of so many blogs and I couldn't resist seeing what I could create, he is my first attempt, maybe I'll make something else later on.
A bientot!

18 comments:

  1. That's so funny Margaret - great job - I hope it's not modelled on anyone you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Norma it is more funny than scary, and no it isn't modelled on anyone I know, at least not consciously. No, really it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab! You've done great job, I'm hopeless in modelling faces or actually modelling anything :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Margaret,love the funny face :-)! Hugs,Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great! I love the face!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of tree spirits - is he the spirit of the garden? He's got attitude!!
    Ten out of ten, Margaret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, thanks everyone. Glenda maybe someone tipped some spirits into his garden pot and that is the result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret he hea such a funny face!!! I love him!!!
    Hugs,
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful the new look of the blog. And the topiary is really original: it makes me think of fairy tales rather than witch :-)
    Mini reguards, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always wonderful surprise to find your bushes looking back at you! lol It's really fun, nice work too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! I love it Margaret! Great face, now your little tree is full of personality.

    I too, am inspired by all the spooky fantasy and witch related blogs out there - they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so fabulous! You are truly talented! I'm just starting in the dollhouse world and your work is inspiring! All these terrific miniaturists out there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The face in the plant looks great! very very well done!
    oh and I love your little "american immigrants!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me encanta la sorpresa que tiene esa planta!!!
    Te ha quedado maravillosa, enhorabuena
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous, I love him! He looks surprised to be noticed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo thats so cheeky
    I luv that man!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...