Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Once there was a wardrobe ...Welcome


The lovely little wardrobe on the right of the photo is the one Linda (Une Petite Folie) had for sale a while back and it was intended for a future bedroom. However as I am impatient when I get an idea and with nothing else to work with I decided to transform it into a shelf unit for the shop and this is the result (so far, for now). I kept the colours neutral as I have yet to decided on the wall coverings for the shop and with next to no experience I am reluctant to commit to a particular look as yet. So I'll continue to fiddle with the smaller things :)

While cutting out the shelves from fine mdf I realised I am hopeless at cutting a straight line, at least the front is straight and I managed to sand the cut edges fairly smooth. I really need an electric saw if I am going to do much in the way of furniture making! Appears rather dull in the photo but is a little 'fresher' in reality. I added the little metal finding as moulding for a 'Frenchy' look.

Now I would like to welcome all newcomers to my blog and I hope you will find something to enjoy, as I continue to discover new and exciting projects on all of your blogs.
A bientot!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a little more of the Parterre building. I like what you've done with the cupboard. And a note of sympathy from the "Polyfilla Princess" (yes - me!!!) about straight cutting *sigh*, you've obviously worked out the trick of keeping the original edge to the front - so long as you do that there's not much gapfiller and paint can't fix ;) BTW perhaps worth considering using mount board for the shelving 'a la Lea Frisoni' on another project - definately easier to get a straight edge when cutting is with a good sharp blade and metal ruler rather than a pesky saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your little wardrobe has been beautifully "bashed". :-) And I agree with Norma. When cutting wood for something like a shelf, I usually use a straight edge and a really sharp blade. When I rip a board, I always use a blade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shelf looks lovely. I get very frustrated with making straight lines on wood as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I really like the development of this piece from wardrobe to display.
    Excellent choice of color and paper with which you plastered :-)
    Mini hugs, flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs straight? All those little imperfections give character! Just like in a real home.
    Everything looks gorgeous! I love the moulding you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...