Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shabby Chateau






Finally I got around to finishing these pieces I started some time ago. Amidst all my computer woes and not being able to access my images, I haven't been able to do much in the way of miniatures, except of course following what you are all doing. Then I pulled myself together to finish off this pretty lady's desk and chair.

I just decided to paint a frame to sort of match, which could easily display a mirror or a portrait in coordinating colours. This will go into a new section of my Etsy shop called, you guessed it - Shabby Chateau.
This is for furniture that looks a little grander than Shabby Chic, with hints (or lots) of faux gilding. More to come. I hope you like it.

A bientot!

32 comments:

  1. I adore these pieces. Grand but not too grand - lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,
    Your pieces look divine...just perfect.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you have decorated these, they match so well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish Margaret, and I love the rich colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say but...I Want Them! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, me too love the colors, - and the scene.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Margaret,
    I do not like it, I love it. What gorgeous, elegant pieces. Stunning finishes. they really look like they belong in a French chateau! Fantastic work!
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, Thanks for the compliments it is very encouraging.

      Delete
  8. Very nice! I love the colours :-)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Julie, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. They are gorgeous! I also love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Genevieve, Thank you for taking the time, glad you like them.

      Delete
  11. That is such a beautiful blue. I like that there is a hint of it in the frame too =0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blue and gold. It's something we don't see very often but it works so well.
    Well done
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is just beautiful. The colours are perfect too. Ooooh, I want it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Love LOVE your Shabby Chateau pieces!!! I LOVE painted furniture and you have made such beautiful colors and delicate designs!!! I have Dreams of building a Shabby Chateau.... But I think I must finish a project or two before I start another one! But you are definitely feeding those Dreams with pieces like these!!! Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks Betsey, I can't wait to see your Shabby Chateau!

      Delete
  15. What exquisite pieces! I've only seen desks like that in museums or stately homes, but my grandma had a chair like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Anna, I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Hi Margaret! I want to tell you that these 2 pieces are EXQUISITE!!! I see that they are already on Reserve and well they should be! I LOVE what you do with the furniture that you handle. You have a way of bringing out all of the subtle nuances of each piece and you make them sing!
    FABULOUS to the MAX! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, Your comments are tooooo kind. I really appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  17. Thanks again everyone, I am a little late responding but I really appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh la la! It's gorgeous. It looks so delicate and sophisticated. Gorgeous!!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Caroline, I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...